Lutron Adds Adaptable Phase Dimming
Lutron Electronics has announced the launch of its Vive PowPak Phase Select dimming modules for commercial lighting projects.
Today, project design and installation demands greater flexibility and more resilient systems, and the new modules offer a remote mountable dimming option that can easily adapt to the various phase dimming needs of a project. Simplify jobs and reduce the number of models you need to keep on hand – with Vive Phase Select you need just one product for multiple applications.
Vive Phase Select modules feature Lutron PRO LED+ technology to dim smoothly down to 1% in either reverse- or forward-phase situations. Eliminate risk and worry when designing or installing fixture controls, and easily deliver code-compliant solutions. With the addition of this module, the Vive family includes a remote-mount dimmer ideal for applications such as restaurants, lobby spaces, conference rooms, lecture halls, and more. Vive is an even more complete, versatile product family.
Key Features Include:
- PRO LED+ technology – Forward or Reverse Phase dimming down to 1% light level.
- Simple to install – Mounts horizontally or vertically in a 4x4 junction box on either the wall or ceiling.
- Simple startup – Set up right at the module, or through an app when using a Vive Wireless Hub, for ladder-less configuration.
- Plenum rated – Complies with UL 2043 requirements and features configurable low/high-end trim for flicker-free dimming and energy savings.
- Minimum light level – Code compliance is easy with features such as configurable minimum light level which keeps the lights on at a user-specified minimum level.
- Emergency Phase Select models – Confidently use the Vive solution for all building lighting including emergency zones.
Vive Solutions Help You Work Smarter, Not Harder
- The Lutron Vive family is simple, scalable, wireless lighting control for commercial retrofits and new construction. Wireless networked solutions provide control where you need it, supporting your projects and your people.
- Installs up to 70% faster, compared to wired solutions.
- Flexible control and simple, app-based programming helps overcome the unexpected on any job.
- In stock at local distributors, and available when and where you need it.
- The Vive system architecture and powerful design tools help you to do more with less – simple to design, simple to install, reduces risk, and easily adjusts to accommodate changing project needs.
- The expanded offering of Vive components, paired with the wireless smart hub and app, makes project design, implementation, and programming easier than ever.
According to product manager, Devis Mulunda, the wireless modules offer "simple installation, easy setup, system monitoring, and fit a wide range of budgetary requirements."
He adds that the Vive PowPak Phase Select module expands system flexibility and makes almost any project a perfect fit for Vive Wireless."
The PowPak Phase Select module communicates wirelessly with Lutron Pico remote controls and Vive wireless controls and sensors, making it easy to add additional wall controls without running new wire. Modules are compatible with Vive system components, including the Vive wireless hub which enables a simple app setup process using a standard web browser on any Wi-Fi enabled phone, tablet or computer.
Lutron is taking orders immediately, and units will start shipping in the United States and Canada on April 15th, 2021.