ROCKFON AND ROXUL PRESENT FIRST STONE WOOL SEMINAR
ROCKFON and ROXUL Inc., subsidiaries of The RockWool Group — the world’s leading supplier of innovative products and systems based on stone wool, are pleased to announce that they hosted their first two-part breakfast seminar on the benefits of stone wool on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at the AIA Center for Architecture in New York City.
ROCKFON and ROXUL Inc., subsidiaries of The RockWool Group—the world’s leading supplier of innovative products and systems based on stone wool, are pleased to announce that they hosted their first two-part breakfast seminar on the benefits of stone wool on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at the AIA Center for Architecture in New York City.
Prominent professionals in the architecture, specifying, interior design and building science industries gathered to learn about the benefits and features of stone wool products including fire resistance, water and mold resistance, excellent acoustical and thermal performance, and dimensional stability. All stone wool products have GreenGuard Gold certification for interior acoustical tiles.
The seminar began with a segment entitled, “Suspended Ceilings and Acoustical Solutions Using Stone Wool”, led by Kellie Knuff, Architectural Sales Manager NYC, LI, NJ at ROCKFON. Knuff provided insight on key topics including:
- The benefits and performance attributes of stone wool versus mineral fiber and fiber glass for acoustical tiles
- Basics of acoustics and solutions for acoustical challenges in various interior spaces
- Indoor air quality and energy savings that relate to suspended ceilings
- The ease of installation with stone wool tiles
- Different types of grid systems used with acoustical ceilings
The second segment entitled, “Understanding Stone Wool for Interior and Exterior Commercial Building Applications” was led by ROXUL Architectural Sales Manager, Shawn Torbert, LEED AP, CPHD, CSI. Torbert touched on topics including:
- Stone Wool insulation and manufacturing
- Strategies to minimize thermal bridging and moisture risks in the building envelope.
- Low-energy/zero-energy design considerations for super insulated buildings
- Differences between Stone Wool, glass fiber and foam insulations
- Ecologically sustainable aspects of stone wool
- Applications for stone wool in commercial buildings and low slope roofing
- Code changes to IBC Chapter 26 and testing standards for NFPA 285
The interactive seminar, allowed attendees to engage in live product demonstrations and experiment with product samples and displays, providing them with extensive knowledge of stone wool products.
ROCKFON®, a subsidiary of Denmark-based ROCKWOOL International A/S—the world's largest producer of stone wool products, is a leading provider of acoustic stone wool and metal ceiling solutions and suspension systems. For the past 20 years, the ROCKWOOL Group has been present in North American through ROXUL® Inc., the leading manufacturer in North America of stone wool insulation products for the North American market. ROCKFON acoustic ceiling tiles have performance advantages made possible by a raw material found only in ROCKFON products: stone wool. Stone wool is produced from volcanic rock, or basalt, which features unique properties that give stone wool a number of superior performance characteristics and attributes. For more information, visit www.rockfon.com.
About ROXUL Inc.
ROXUL Inc., a subsidiary of Denmark-based ROCKWOOL International A/S—the world's largest producer of stone wool products, is the North American operations of ROCKWOOL International. In July, 2013, ROXUL Inc. and ROCKWOOL International celebrated 25 years of success in North America. For more information, visit www.roxul.com.