BSI Introduces Workplace Hygiene Solution
BSI has launched a suite of products and services to help organisations address operational challenges presented by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The new Workplace Hygiene Solution from the global certification body including standards, consultancy, training, auditing and the BSI Kitemark™ - a mark of trust. The programme has been developed to help organizations embed a culture of good practice in health, safety, and hygiene throughout their operations.
As many organizations enter their next phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s essential that they build trust by putting in place measures to ensure their workplace is safe and hygienic for employees, customers, stakeholders and members of the public. Good workplace health, safety and hygiene practices can help reduce the risk of injury and ill health including the incidence of transmittable disease and the associated cost of absenteeism. It can also help to improve productivity and allows organizations to demonstrate to their customers that they should be confident and comfortable returning to its facility.
Key components of the package, include:
- Consultancy services that include a range of strategic, management and technical health and safety solutions such as ergonomics training for remote working, including a detailed ‘how to’ guide that BSI will partner with organizations to configure to their specific workplace hygiene needs
- Manage standards with British Standards Online (BSOL); a simple online tool used to access multiple standards. Using standards ensures that best practice is followed and reduces risk within an organization and instils trust with customers
- Training, through virtual classroom-based sessions and new micro-learning modules available to view on smartphones, tablets or laptops
- Customized audits, delivered onsite and remotely, to help manage risks and opportunities. This can include internal and second party supplier audits
- The BSI Kitemark™ for Workplace Hygiene; a mark of trust that can be applied to a facility to show employees, customers or anyone entering a workplace that an organization’s hygiene practices and risk management processes have been independently certified as effective. This new global certification scheme is based on the structure of the International Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems standard (ISO 45001), PAS 5748 Specification for the planning, application, measurement and review of cleanliness services in hospital and the recently published UK Safe Working Based Guidelines, alongside the relevant local government guidance.
Howard Kerr, Chief Executive at BSI comments, “As many organizations return to the workplace and start to rebuild and set a revised course for their ‘next normal’, leaders are learning to navigate a new health, safety and hygiene landscape. Organizations must adapt quickly, adopt new working practices and address new regulations whilst ensuring they are trusted to protect people and provide a healthy and safe environment for the benefit of employees and customers alike.
“This is vital to ensuring that organizations build resilience in the coming months to address both the challenges – and opportunities - that the COVID-19 pandemic brings. We’re here to support organizations so that together, we can help to make the working environment safe for all.”